Get news on sales & specials

Privacy Policy

Frequent Flyer

Learn more about our reward points program

   Get a catalog

Whiting Farms High & Dry 1/2 Saddle

You might also like

High & Dry 1/2 Saddle

by: Whiting Farms | Item #: NM-630142-0000

Got a Question?

2 Reviews  |  Write a Review

quantity Color your price
grizzly $27.95
white $27.95
brown $27.95
light ginger $27.95
medium ginger $27.95
barred dark ginger $27.95
cream badger $27.95
dyed black $27.95
grizzly / peacock herl $27.95
grizzly / medium dun $27.95
grizzly / olive $27.95
grizzly / coachman brown $27.95
white / brown $27.95
white / light ginger $27.95
white / medium ginger $27.95
white / light dun $27.95
white / medium dun $27.95
white / dark dun $27.95
white / olive $27.95
white / coachman brown $27.95

Add to Wish List



Whiting Farms' High & Dry line of rooster hackle is developed from their Hebert/Miner genetic pool and provides dry fly hackle close to the quality of the Whiting Dry Fly Hackle bronze grade at a savings of more than 15%. High & Dry saddles have dry fly feathers in the range of 10 to 16, with sizes 12 to 14 predominant. They are available in the most popular dry fly natural and dyed colors and grizzly capes are now dyed in great colors for steelhead patterns.


Average Customer Rating: (2 Reviews) Write Review

top notch and a real bargin

Reviewer: A viewer from Anderson, SC

Excellent value and I love the Barred Ginger color, really works well with the patterns I'm working on now and the sizes are great, even includes on the small side for sizes I'm starting to try. I can't wait until the other colors I want come in stock. J. Stockard's service is outstanding and is my go to for all fly tying needs.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Do you? yes no  Certified buyer

You won't be disappointed, sizes 14 up to 10, and a few outside that range

Reviewer: A viewer from Pottstown, PA, USA

This is the best deal on hackles in the 10-12-14 range I've found to date. These are the same barb count, and length of hackle, that you find in all other Whiting dry hackle products. The only difference is that they are for (primarily) size 10-12s. When I say primarily, I mean that about 75% is split up between size 10-12, and the remaining 25% or so is size 14, with a few 16s and 8s thrown in on the edges of the saddle. Quality is top notch, barring on the grizzley is nice and crisp/ delineated, stiff barbules that float like a cork. Service from JStockard is stellar, I mean, they set the bar that other fly tying stores wish they could achieve. Try this out, you won't be disappointed!

Did you find this review useful? yes no  Certified buyer

Upshot Commerce
Shopping Cart Software by
Upshot Commerce